Thursday, April 2, 2009

Furor = Resto... Really?!?!

~Rant ahead, don't say I didn't warn you... ~

I've done a lot of silly things over the last few years, so I'm not really one to talk, but I've got something on my mind and I have to get it out... no matter how crazy anyone might think I am. I leveled Resto... then went Feral... then went back to Resto. Let's just say I've been Resto more than I have been Feral, though I love both specs. Many classes in WoW have spells in certain trees that might benefit another spec in addition to it's own, which I think is fantastic. For example, Balance has several talents that give bonuses to Resto spells. Furor has always been in the Resto tree for as long as I can remember, though I didn't play until BC came out so it may have been in the Feral tree before that.

"Furor 5/5: Gives you 100% chance to gain 10 Rage when you shapeshift into Bear and Dire Bear Form, and you keep up to 100 of your Energy when you shapeshift into Cat Form, and increases your total Intellect while in Moonkin form by 10%."


Furor does absolutely NOTHING for a Resto druid. Nothing. Unless someone is fighting mobs in kitty/bear, and I mean come on, really, who does that? Unless maybe they're PVPing... then I guess I could understand, a little. But seriously... it's a talent that does nothing for the spec it's intended for. Bonus for Cat/Bear/Moonkin, but not a Tree, not even remotely healing related. Pretty stupid if you ask me. I realize the Feral and Balance trees are pretty crammed full of talents now, so I understand putting Furor in the Resto tree... it makes it easier for everyone to get OOC, which is great... but RESTO talents should have something to do with a Resto spec, no? Granted, I might not spend talents in it even if they made it beneficial to us... but wouldn't it be nice if all of the talents in our tree actually benefitted us in some way or another? How about giving us a 10% (or even 5%) bonus in intellect like it does for Moonkins, how hard would that be? I think Blizzard does a pretty decent job, to be quite honest, but they fail miserably on this one... despite the hundreds or even thousands of druids who keep asking why this talent even exists in our tree.

~Rant Over~

4 comments:

  1. so with you there! we're the only spec that ISN'T buffed by this talent!
    p.s. I tagged you on my blog =)
    http://www.rollinghots.com/2009/04/02/honest-scrap/

    ReplyDelete
  2. true! the only things i can think of is a resto druid switching to bear and use bash for a 4 sec stun. Also you can switch to cat and use pounce/maim, wich is cc as well. i guess not many resto druids will have the feral charge talent, otherwise that could be useful too. so all the uses of furor for a resto druid are pvp-based. i suggest they change this talent in 3.1 the following way:

    Tree form: reduces the mana cost of lifebloom by 50%, but does not return any mana when it blooms

    :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. or

    tree form: while standing or swimming in water applies the photosynthesis buff, wich give you 300% mana and health regeneration.

    mmmmmm, trees like water :D

    greetings, bolongo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Furor change suggestions, thanks!!! =)

    ReplyDelete